I asked the AI program ChatGPT the following:
Research the top Search Engine Optimization practices for 2023 and include references.
Here’s what it came back with!
I’m sorry, but I am not able to browse the web, so I cannot research current SEO practices for you. However, I can tell you about some general SEO best practices that have remained consistent over the years and are likely to continue to be effective in the future.
1. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and loads quickly.
2. Use descriptive, keyword-rich title tags and meta descriptions to help search engines understand the content on your website.
3. Use headings and subheadings to structure your content and make it easier for users to read.
4. Optimize your images by using descriptive, keyword-rich file names and alt text.
5. Create high-quality, unique content that provides value to your users.
6. Use internal linking to help search engines understand the structure of your website and to pass link equity between pages.
7. Build high-quality backlinks from other websites to your own.
8. Monitor your search engine rankings and track your traffic to see the impact of your SEO efforts.
It’s important to note that the field of SEO is constantly evolving, and it’s a good idea to stay up to date with the latest developments. Here are a few resources that you may find helpful:
- Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide: https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
- Moz’s Beginner’s Guide to SEO:
- Search Engine Land’s Periodic Table of SEO Factors:
I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.
I have to say, I was reasonably impressed and I agree with all of the recommendations ChatGPT offered.
Apparently this AI is even being used to create fully functional WordPress plugins! And as time goes on, this kind of software is going to become even more powerful. One of the tools we use in our own SEO work here at Shmsinc utitlizes AI to offer sprecific SEO advice and it too does an excellent job.
If you’ve used ChatGPT we’d be interested in hearing about your experience with it.